The Top 10 Reasons to go Guided
Thank you to our partners at Collette for sharing these Top 10 Reasons to go guided.
Let’s face it: guided travel has a bit of a stigma attached to it. Does it make you think of large groups of people, being herded from one tourist attraction to the next, just barely skimming the cultural surface of their destination? Or rigid itineraries with no room to wander off on your own and get lost? If so, it’s time to do some myth-busting.
Guided travel is a great way to make friends, break down cultural barriers, and try new things. And you might be surprised at the freedom you’ll have to make the trip uniquely yours, with choices along the way and plenty of free time to do the things that are important to you. Still don’t believe me? Here are just a few of the reasons why guided travel is a great way to see the world:
1. You’ll relax more and worry less. Some challenges make traveling fun. Others, not so much. It can be hard to enjoy the present moment for instance, when you’re worried about navigating a foreign public transportation system, communicating effectively despite language barriers, or feeling confused about currency or cultural differences. When you travel guided, you’ve got experienced pros to help you along the way, so you can ditch the stress and enjoy the moment.
2. You’ll get an authentic experience. Our tour guides can help you experience things you might not otherwise have access to. Like getting to know a local family in Jaipur when they invite you into their kitchen for a homecooked meal. Or participating in a weaving workshop while visiting a traditional Quechua community in Peru.
3. You’ll save money. Big time. On hotels, transportation, events, meals, and more. That’s because we get the best deals in the industry and pass them down to our travelers.
4. Your money will go further. I don’t know about you, but time management isn’t exactly my forte. Our tour designers are time management professionals—they have years of experience creating tours that perfectly balance spectacular, culturally enriching experiences with more low-key ways to relax and soak it all in. Guided travel allows you to do, see, and experience more than you would on your own, without overdoing it.
5. You’ll make more friends. People often tell us that their favorite part of touring with Collette is the people they meet along the way, whether they’re locals who make them feel at home, or fellow travelers who become life-long friends. When you travel with a group, you have an opportunity to bond and get to know one another in a way you otherwise wouldn’t.
6. You’ll step out of your comfort zone. For many of us, it can be tempting to take the path of least resistance when traveling solo. Especially if you’re jetlagged, or just exhausted from acclimating to a new place. Even more so if you’re naturally a bit shy, or if the language barrier makes it difficult to communicate. On a group tour, you’re more likely to try new things. Why? Because new things are the path of least resistance when you book with us. We’ll make it so easy to step out of your comfort zone, you won’t even notice you’ve done it until you show your friends the photos.
7. You’ll save time. If you’ve ever planned a trip yourself, you know how time-consuming it can be. Choosing and booking the right hotels and lodging, figuring out transportation and travel routes, and researching ticket prices can add up to literally hours of internet research and phone calls, especially if you’re traveling abroad. With guided travel, you book the tour that suits you best, and let us handle the rest.
8. You’ll be surprised by the convenience and the flexibility. Private airport transfers? Hassle-free booking? Yes please. Six different travel styles to choose from, plus optional excursions and trip extensions? Yes, yes, and yes.
9. You’ll get unrestricted travel protection. When you book with Collette you can purchase our travel protection plan allowing you the flexibility to cancel at any time up to 24 hours before your departure date and get your money back. All of it. For any reason, on any tour, no questions asked. Life happens, even when you’ve got a vacation planned, and we get that.
10. You’ll have more peace of mind. In addition to world-class tour guides and unique travel experiences, going guided with Collette means a strengthened commitment to responsible travel. Our tour designers are always looking for ways to travel more responsibly, whether that means choosing restaurants that serve locally sourced food, or partnering with nonprofits and environmental groups to ensure that your visit generates sustainable economic and social benefits for the community.
Not convinced yet? Give Collette a call at 877.913.8687 or see your travel professional and ask for Collette. All travelers are welcome—even the skeptical ones.